Pastor Justin Yang
Pastor Justin is a second generation Adventist minister with over 18 years of ministry experience from Korea, China, India, Philippines, Thailand, Laos and United States. He has served as a youth leader, teacher, chaplain, missionary, pastor and ministries director in various mission fields around the world. He is currently pastoring the 1st Korean church in North American Division to radically and completely delegate the church leadership to the next generation. He’s also the husband to the most beautiful woman in the world, Iris Yang and a happy father to his son Enoch who is 3 years old.
His perspective on ministry is as follows:
- Ministry is not about programs and events. Rather, it’s about personal and relational mentorship and discipleship in the context of a loving and caring community.
- Empowerment is a natural and direct by-product of intentional and relational ministry.
- Leadership is stewardship and we’re accountable. And great leaders don’t delegate responsibility but authority.
- Budget is often where the rubber meets the road. What we say we ‘value’ is valued only if we put our money where our mouth is.
- Consistent prayer for the outpouring Holy Spirit is the key to effective and successful ministry.
- The Keystone Ministry that united and transforms that church is youth and young adult ministry.